Our Mathematics curriculum is designed to enable our students to develop the numeracy skills necessary for a confident transition to the adult working world. We also strive to open up the world of mathematics as the exploration of pattern and relationship with the development of methodological approaches to problem-solving at its core.
The curriculum meets the needs of individuals, recognising that each student has a unique blend of strengths and weaknesses. It follows National Curriculum guidelines, with opportunities for numeracy support and extension offered to those who need to fill in gaps or reach a bit further.
Units taught consist of:
- Number – Fractions, decimals, percentages, word problems
- Geometry – Shapes, angles, Pythagoras, trigonometry
- Data Handling – Averages, graphs
- Algebra – Substitution, brackets, quadratics
Students will study towards the following qualifications based on their ability
- Edexcel GCSE in Mathematics
- Edexcel Entry Level Functional Skills in Mathematics
- Edexcel Functional skills in Numeracy Level 1 and 2