The Salon Academy is a Hair & Beauty provision that is based at 580A Gorton Road, in Reddish. It offers students a glimpse of working in a working Salon with hairdressing and barber chairs, model heads to practice on and real clients to interact with.
Experienced tutors training in the field of Hair & Beauty with specialist experience of working with young people who have experienced difficulty remaining in mainstream education. Staff have a proven success rate of learners successfully completing courses and continuing their studies after leaving us. Making the next step in a student’s education can be very difficult and daunting experience. In hair and beauty we offer a structured learning programme through a variety of units which is delivered in small, individual centered groups.
This vocational competence based qualification will help students to become more employable.
Depending upon the level, units taught consist of:
- Introduction to hair and beauty
- Health and Safety in the salon environment
- Shampoo and conditioning
- Presenting a professional image
- Create and image using colour
- Skin care
- Working in a team
- Salon reception duties
- Styling women’s hair
- Evening makeup
Students will study towards the following qualifications based on their ability:
- Gateway Entry Level 3 Award in Skills for the Hair and Beauty Sector
- Gateway Entry Level 3 Certificate in Skills for the Hair and Beauty Sector
- Gateway Level 1 Award in Skills for the Hair and Beauty Sector
- Gateway Level 1 Certificate in Skills for the Hair and Beauty Sector
- Gateway Level 1 Diploma in Skills for the Hair and Beauty Sector